Some days are wind-in-your-hair, sun-on-your-shoulders days. The air tastes crisp and all is well. Friendships are many and strong. Family is joyful and embraces are snug. Passion is high for both work and play. Grace flows clearly blessings are unmistakable. Smiles are sweet and even if the road is rocky, it’s all an ice cream sundae.
And other days, friends, are simply dark. The sky is cloudy and you know it and feel it deep within your bones. Your core is uneasy. Tears flood eyes with no warning. To wake up and sit up and get up is a challenge altogether too big to face. Friends and family are few and far between and love sits beyond your grasp. If you could only catch a break. And you know there must be something bigger out there, but where is He and gosh if only you could know Him . . .
We have all lived both, have we not?
In it all, in this journey, much becomes clarified. Both our light and dark days reveal much. For me, what has become clear is people. I treasure community more and more with each passing day and life, to me, feels like faith and friends and doing passionate work and celebrating the big and small with those around me. Each day is grace. That’s what it means to me to live an inspiration-driven life.
Today, I’m humbled to write post #100.
It is a privilege to write inspiration-driven life, friends. I’m blessed that you read and blessed by every comment and tweet and oh-so-encouraging note. When I started this blog, I felt on the fringes of being a writer. I felt on the fringes of living this journey well and doing justice to the sweet grace we’re given. And here, today, now, I’m overwhelmed with gratitude. God uses this blog and YOU in my life every day. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
To show you how awesome I think you are, friends, I’m holding my first-ever giveaway! To me, part of living an inspiration-driven life is making an effort to really connect with those we love. In that spirit, I’m excited to share quite the collection of stationery, plus a $10 Starbucks gift card so you can sip some coffee as you pen the love notes.
What kind of stationery? All cards, all from different sources! I’ll reveal a few pieces each day this week — after the regularly scheduled blog posting, of course. Each piece of stationery carries meaning or has a fun story behind it, so be sure to visit every day!
the oh-so-fine print:
- Prize: A collection of stationery, all with special meaning behind them, plus a $10 Starbucks gift card so you can sip coffee while you write!
- To enter: Comment on this post with the words “INSPIRE ME” and tell me . . .
- Bonus question (not necessary to be entered, but still fun): . . . what does living an inspiration-driven life mean to you?
- Giveaway closes: Thursday, March 22 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Number of winners: One. But really, everyone who receives a note from you is a winner too, so there’s that.
- Prize ships: The United States or Canada (sorry, overseas friends! Still love you!)
- Other stuff: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected randomly and announced on Friday, March 23.
Life is how we live it. So go live your inspiration-driven life, friends. Love you dearly.