Is it lame when I do a Weekend Update . . . on a Wednesday? I know it’s been almost 72 hours since the weekend. And almost 72 hours until the next weekend too. For that, we should all be excited.
1. Friday Night Lights on instant Netflix. It’s dramatic and compelling and time-sucking and inspirational, all at the same time. It’s what you’d get if Glee ditched the music and the kids became dramatic and athletic overnight. Plus a lot more grown-up drama. Mr. S. and I watched a boatload of it, and have several boatloads to go. Something tells me it won’t be long until we finish the series.
2. Every six months, as part of our guarantee, we get our rings inspected. It’s a bit of a hassle to drive to the nearest big city with this particular store, but we usually stay for lunch or dinner. This time was no exception, and we ate delicious German food at the Rathskeller. It was our second time at the restaurant, so we knew our way around the menu. We shared the Jäegerschnitzel, which was to. die. for. Breaded pork tenderloin, with a creamy red wine, mushroom shallot and herb sauce. On the side, we shared spaetzle, German potato salad, potato pancakes and sauerkraut. Holy carbs, it was delightful.
3. The church we attend is moving from one service to two and this was our final Sunday with just one service. I’m blessed to co-lead the Hospitality team. We are excited and nervous all at the same time for this shift, and pray it will open up seats for those who want to hear the Gospel.
4. I made these Mexican Hot Chocolate Roasted Pecans, and so should you. They were crunchy and sweet, plus pecans have protein, right? Healthy? Please say yes.
5. Recently, I’ve been searching on Hulu and other places on the web for not-this-season Saturday Night Live clips. I spent 60 hilarious minutes on Saturday morning watching these videos in bed in my pajamas. Bliss, I tell you. My favorites: Debbie Downer, Gilly and ESPN Classics. (You’re welcome.)