Last week, in an effort to streamline and de-clutter, I organized our bookshelf. This new method is illogical, honestly, but it’s gorgeous. I color-coded the thing! Glorious, right?
As I organized, I reviewed our collection. Among the books are journals, full of realizations and understanding and struggles and joys and truth. I flipped through a few of them and noticed three trends.
One, I prefer black ink. Sure, the occasional color pen makes an appearance. But it’s overwhelmingly black, gel ink. The UniBall pen, honestly, is my favorite.
Two, these journals are mostly Moleskine. Something about those pages, the elastic closure, the ribbon, the butter-like exterior. Delightful.
And three, so many entries were written over coffee. In coffee shops, with a cup of coffee at home . . . you get the picture.
Crisp moments of clarity, moments of realization, moments of growth . . . now these are moments to celebrate. One of the best gifts I’ve learned to give myself is the gift of reflection.
Reflection matters as a writer and communicator, sure. But it’s a critical part of the human experience, really.
So it makes sense that the first of 26 Celebrations is a giveaway including these three favorite things! I can’t wait to share one Moleskine journal, one set of black ink Uniball pens and one $10 gift card to Starbucks. (Although if you happen to be in KC, I’ll get you a giftcard to a local place. Just how I roll.)
The so fine print:
- Prize: A collection my favorite things — one Moleskine journal, one set of black ink Uniball pens and one $10 giftcard to Starbucks
- To enter: Comment on this post with the words “CELEBRATE ME” and tell me . . .
- Bonus question (not necessary to be entered, but still fun): . . . what are your favorite things to set the scene for reflection?
- Giveaway closes: Thursday, January 24 at 11:59 pm EST.
- Number of winners: One.
- Prize ships: The United States or Canada (sorry, overseas friends! Still love you!)
- Other stuff: One entry per e-mail address is permitted. The winner will be selected randomly and announced on Friday, January 25.
Happy reflecting, my friends.
(UPDATE 1/24/13 — Giveaway is now closed. Thanks for those who entered!)